Friday, May 23, 2008

FIRST GRADE HERE I COME!



The last day of Clark's Grace Christian Academy Kindergarten was celebrated with a party including Karaoke kids songs. I went over for the last 30 minutes to get pictures and video. This was the last day with their teacher "Miss Melissa" Harper. This was her first year of teaching. She will be back at GCA in the fall, but with a new class. As I watched them play I wondered how much of this he would remember. He may see pictures later, but that's not the same thing. In a relatively short time most(probably all) of the people in the room will only be a picture to him. He will make new friends and have new experiences, and so will they. But for this day they are happy and together. For one picture they are forever.
As I watched him play at the party, I tried to remember my kindergarten class. A few images and thoughts come to mind, but nothing I can put into context. The truth is I have not talked communicated with anyone from that class in at least 30 years. I have posted pictures and updates on those alumni sites that seem to crop up on the Internet. In August, 1977,I just moved out (to Baylor) and never returned to my home town except to see family. I have my memories and am busy making new ones. I wonder what Clark and Amaris will do?

No comments: